Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Fond Goodbye to the Pirates at Brandworks

I'm leaving Brandworks today... for another gig. I loved working at Brandworks, but it's time to move on. We often used to go into pitches saying 'we are the pirates, not the navy!', which, despite the cheese factor, i always liked.

So here is a poem I ripped off of some guy on the web named Tom Smith. Then i added my own Brandworks touch to it. My own user generated content if you will!

Most days are like all of the others,
Go to Brandworks, come home, watch TV,

But, brother, if I had me druthers,
I'd chuck Nikon and head out to sea.

For I dream of Joe’s skull and Bill’s crossbones,
I dream of the great day to come,

When I trade Google and Satan for the Old Spanish Main
And barter Ray’s laptop for rum!

Don't pick up that damn intercom and announce,
"Roch - The ten-o-clock status - delayed",
Eva, scrunch up yer face and ye bellow,
"AVAST! Damn Brad report’s bleedin' BELAYED!"

There ain't no computin' or morning commutin',
No emails from Patti for me hee hee,
No Tetra soy campaign god willin’, or keyword lists for fillin’,
I'm knowin' the pull of the sea.

The fresh salty brace of the wind on my face
Despite Lorne’s charm, sunshine or squalls,
I'm keepin' my eyes on the distant horizon,
Vonage can hold all my calls.